Thinking About Competing in the Women’s Physique Division?
Photo by: https:www.Ifbbaustralia.com.au
Women’s Physique Division will begin in 2011, but will only be held with NPC national competitions. Tentatively starting with NPC Jr. Nationals then Team Universe, USA & Nationals. No local, state or regional competitions will have them in 2011. Also with an IFBB Professional League division in 2012. Details & rules still being worked out. But the competitors will be barefoot, no heels.
Definition of Women’s Physique Division
Women’s physique division (herein referred to as “WP”) has been created to give a platform for women who enjoy weight training, competing, contest preparation. Competitors should display a toned, athletic physique showcasing femininity, muscle tone, beauty/ flow of physique.
Judging Criteria of Women’s Physique Division
WP WILL BE JUDGED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Symmetry, Shape, Proportion, Muscle Tone, Poise and Beauty Flow
- Physique assessment and comparison will take place during prejudging
Physique should display all of the above criteria without compromising femininity, beauty/ flow of physique, etc.
The following are examples of common terms used in the bodybuilding industry. These words can be helpful to assess what should not be descriptive to the physiques being judged in WP: ex.) ripped, shredded, peeled, striated, dry, diced, hard, vascular, grainy, massive, thick, dense, etc. while all types of physiques will be considered when it comes to height, weight, structure, etc. Excessive muscularity should be scored down accordingly.
WP should be judged as a standard between women’s bodybuilding.
Judging Format of Women’s Physique Division
- Individual one minute routine with 10 second warning
- quarter turns
- mandatory posing comparisons/callouts
- Individual posing routine
Who qualifies for professional status – at Junior USA and Junior Nationals the top two qualify for professional status, at all other National events including Team Universe, USA, North American and Nationals, the top three will qualify for pro status. We want to set the standard for 2010 at the Junior Events and therefore we are only qualifying the top two.
- Suits worn by WP competitors for prejudging must be a two piece. Suits do not have to be solid in color. The bottom of the suit must be v-shaped. No thongs are permitted. Competitors can compete in an off the rack suit. All suits must be in good taste.
- Mandatory poses will be performed with open hand style and include the following poses:
Front double biceps/ open hands (no flat footed full front pose – some Sort of front twisting pose)
Back double biceps/ open hands
Side triceps with leg extended
Side chest with arms extended
Front ab/ thigh
- Finals routine will be maximum 90 seconds in length, performed to music of athletes choice adhering to rules set forth by the NPC.
- Music containing profanity or explicit language should not be used and may result in routine being cut short
- No props will be used.
- No heels may be worn at any time during the competition/judging of WP